At Yogageek, we understand that staying updated with the latest GoPro Labs update is crucial, especially when it involves your GoPro device. With that in mind, we’ve crafted a thorough guide to help you seamlessly update your GoPro Labs firmware using a PC (Mac users look here). This way, you can make the most out of your GoPro adventures without any hitches. Let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of the GoPro Labs update process.
Your GoPro Labs Firmware Update Checklist for PC
Before we get started with the GoPro Labs update, ensure you have the following items ready:
- A HERO12 Black, HERO11 Black, HERO11 Black Mini, HERO10 Black, GoPro MAX, HERO9 Black, HERO8 Black, HERO7 Black, or HERO5 Session camera
- A battery charged at 50% or more
- A microSD card alongside its adapter
- A modern PC
You’ll notice that you cannot undertake the GoPro Labs update with a USB connected camera, so the microSD card is non-negotiable.
Kickstarting the GoPro Labs Update on Your PC: Download the Necessary Files
Your first step in the GoPro Labs update involves heading to the GoPro Labs and downloading the GoPro Labs firmware update specifically designed for your camera. We recommend downloading the GoPro Labs firmware directly to your PC to facilitate a smoother workflow in the subsequent steps.
Setting up Your microSD Card for GoPro Labs Update on Windows
Before proceeding with the GoPro Labs update, insert your microSD card into its adapter and then connect it to your PC. This lays the groundwork for transferring the necessary GoPro Labs firmware download files shortly.
Transferring the GoPro Labs Firmware Update Files to Your PC
Next, it’s time to handle the GoPro Labs firmware download file you acquired earlier. Carry out the following actions:
- Unzip the LABS_HEROxx_aa_bb_7x.zip file to find a folder named “UPDATE,” a crucial step in the GoPro Labs update process.
- Inside the UPDATE folder, you should find three files namely CAMFWV.bin, DATA.bin, and FWUPD.txt (or similar).
- Copy the entire UPDATE folder — and not just the individual files — to the root directory of your microSD card, preparing it for the GoPro Labs update.
Your microSD card should ideally exhibit a file structure akin to this, ready for the GoPro Labs update:
[Root directory of your microSD card] └── UPDATE (folder) ├── CAMFWV.bin (file) ├── DATA.bin (file) └── FWUPD.txt (file)
Executing the GoPro Labs Firmware Update on Your GoPro Camera through PC
We’re almost there! It’s time to execute the GoPro Labs update on your GoPro camera using the files you transferred. Here’s how:
- Ensure your GoPro camera is powered off.
- Insert the microSD card with the GoPro Labs firmware update files into the camera.
- Power on your GoPro camera to initiate the GoPro Labs update.
Your camera will exhibit signs of updating during the GoPro Labs update – it will beep and reboot several times. A check mark on the front screen signals the successful completion of the GoPro Labs firmware update.
In a scenario where you encounter a “CAMERA UPDATE FAILED” message during the GoPro Labs update, don’t panic. Simply remove and reinsert the battery and start the GoPro Labs update process from the beginning.
At Yogageek, we firmly believe in empowering GoPro users with detailed guides stemming from our deep well of experience. We trust that this guide will answer the question, “How do I update my GoPro Lab firmware?” making your GoPro Labs update process as smooth as possible. Remember, keeping your GoPro camera updated with the latest GoPro Labs update ensures optimal performance, granting you the peace of mind to capture life’s moments seamlessly. Stay tuned to Yogageek for more insights and expert advice on GoPro Labs update and more. Happy filming!
- The 2023 QRControl Guide to Mastering the GoPro Labs Mobile App in 10 Steps
- Your Overview of GoPro Labs Features and Camera Compatibility
- Master the GoPro Labs Update for PC in 4 Easy Steps (2023 Edition)
- GoPro Labs Reset: Your How-To Guide for a Fresh Start
- How to Remove GoPro Labs Firmware on PC: A Step-by-Step Guide